Gibb’s Farm: Packed with Activities, Gibb’s Farm sits at the entrance to the Highlands, midway between Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater. The farm is an oasis of green in a landscape that can often be dry and dusty. Coffee is grown, processed and roasted on the farm, and a ten-acre fruit and vegetable garden provides nearly all the fruit and vegetables served to guests. Each day you will wake up to fresh coffee and fruit, a multitude of flowers and breathtaking views. The farm’s spacious cottages are set in the coffee plantations while the shared facilities, a sitting room, reading room, dining room, bar and gift shop, are situated in an old farmhouse. A unique feature of the farm is the spa where a Maasai healer offers treatments based on age-old remedies that are now being carefully documented by researchers at the farm, as well as traditional massage. The farm is intended to be a retreat for body and soul that honors the traditional cultures of the area. Gibb’s Farm is one of our favorite properties in Tanzania in part because it offers so many unique activities and helps guest take full advantage of its amazing surroundings. For 2013 Gibb’s is offering its “Farm Cottage” 3-night all inclusive offer with all of these great activities.
Farm Life Activities
Gibb’s Farm: Packed with Activities:
- Morning Bird Census: Gibb’s farm is home to over 200 species of birds. Avid bird watchers are encouraged to join the Gibb’s farm naturalists for an early walk around the farm to observe the morning birdlife and contributed to new sightings.
- Bread Making: Join the early morning break making ritual.
- Vegetable Harvesting: Join the chefs on the garden as they harvest organic produce for lunch and dinner.
- Coffee Roasting: Learn about coffee cultivation and roasting
- Afternoon High Tea: Relax each afternoon with tea in the garden
- Tembo Fire: Enjoy a drinks while learning from about traditional medicines, elephants and Irqaw and Maasai folklore from the Gibb’s farm Naturalist and Traditional Healer.
- Farm Walk: Gibb’s farm is a working farm. Take a tour of the 10-acre fruit and vegetable garden and 30-acre coffee fields. Try milking a cow or learn about the sustainable farming methods they employ.
- Garden Walk: Take a 40 minute walk through the Farm’s historical gardens with Naturalist Lazaro Msasi Gwandu and Gardener Daudi who oversees the herb garden. Many of the plants have been there sicne 1959 when Margaret Gibb first planted it.
- Indigenous Medicinal Walk: Maasai healers will lead you through the Ngorongoro Forest where you will hear about more than 20 medicinal plants that are commonly used in Tanzania.
- Ngorongoro Forest Walk: Take a 2-hour walk with the Gibb’s Farm Naturalist through the farm and into the surrounding Ngorongoro Forest.
- Waterfall and Elephant Caves Walk: On this two-hour hike through the forested slopes of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, you will discover a magnificent waterfall and incredible “elephant caves” created by elephants digging up the earth to ingest the vitamin-rich soil. You may see buffalo, bushbuck, waterbuck and baboons, also attracted by the nutrients in the soil.
- Bicycle Safari: Explore the back roads of the village by bicycle or for the more adventurous, take a mountain bike day trip to Rotia, an unforgettable way to experience rural Tanzania.
This offer also includes
- All inclusive beverages (soft beverages, fruit juices, pouring wines, bottled beers and house branded spirits)
- Complementary wi-fi in the main farmhouse
- Laundry Service
- Lake Manyara Airstrip Transfers
Terms and Conditions
- Valid for travel from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013
- Applicable for stays of 3 nights or more
- Applicable for new bookings
- Cannot be combined with other accommodation offers
- Subject to availability
For more information about Gibb’s Farm: Packed with Activities email email@example.com