Three Iconic Locations in East Africa
This action-packed itinerary includes three must-see destinations in Tanzania and Kenya – the Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti, and the Masai Mara – that together form the perfect Africa private vehicle safari for wildlife enthusiasts. You will have an exclusive use vehicle and guide at all the camps, so you can set your own schedule according to your interests.
Ngorongoro is famed for its unique microcosm of East African landscapes and abundant wildlife, and in the Serengeti you’ll join a mobile camp that follows the wildebeest migration – often called one of the greatest wildlife shows on earth. Stay on a private concession in the Masai Mara in Kenya which offers plenty of off-road adventure, and opt end your trip on a memorable note with a night sleeping in a treehouse overlooking the Mara River.
Africa private vehicle safari: 10 days / 9 nights
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport, overnight at Arusha, Arusha Coffee Lodge
DAYS 2 & 3:
Drive to Ngorongoro Crater, Entamanu Ngorongoro
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to Serengeti National Park, Serengeti Safari Camp
DAYS 7, 8 & 9:
Fly to Mara North Conservancy, Serian ‘The Original’
Fly to Wilson Airport in Nairobi and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Highlights of this Africa safari
- This 10-day fly-in Africa safari begins with an overnight at Arusha Coffee Lodge in Arusha
- Skip the crowds in Lake Manyara National Park and instead arrive to Entamanu Ngorongoro Crater Camp in time for lunch. This afternoon, enjoy any of the activities in camp. We recommend stretching your legs on a walk to the local Maasai boma.
- The next morning, set off into the the Ngorongoro Crater – Entamanu's location on the Crater's rim means fast access to the crater floor and over an hour to explore before other vehicles arrive.
- Continue your safari in the Serengeti at Serengeti Safari Camp. From December to March, the camp is located near the Ndutu plains where you'll find the herds of the Great Migration for calving season. Drive or enjoy a hike down into the Ngorongoro Conservation area before meeting your driver guide to continue on to camp. From May-November take to the skies and fly to the camp's location in the West or Northern Serengeti to be in the best locations to see the herds.
- Fly next to Serian 'The Original' in Mara North Conservancy. With over 80,000 acres to explore and only 10 camps in the area, you’ll feel like you have your own personal piece of Africa. Enjoy off-road game drives or spotlit night drives, hike up the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley, or go on a walking safari across the conservancy.
- Spend a night at Serian's Nest Tree House (optional, at no additional cost), with your dinner cooked on an open fire and twinkling stars above. It’s equipped with night-vision cameras, so you can look out for rare nocturnal species such as genet and serval
$10,000-$12,500 per person sharing in 2023
- Continue your African adventure by flying directly from the Maasai Mara to Uganda or Rwanda for gorilla trekking, or to Kenya’s coast, Zanzibar, or the Seychelles for some time on the beach
Explore other itineraries
Extraordinary Encounters in Uganda
Nile Cruises, Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking
Tanzania's Remote and Wild South
Escape the crowds on Tanzania’s southern circuit
Safari in Style
Private Conservancies, Ultraluxe Lodges, Superlative Wildlife
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Perfect Morocco: Souks, Sahara & Sea
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Wine, Whales, and Safari
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5