Luxury lodges and top experiences across South America's most iconic regions
World-renowned for its rugged peaks and enormous ice fields with brilliant blue glaciers, Patagonia's stunning landscapes are just one of the highlights on this iconic Argentina and Chile luxury tour. Enjoying private touring and guiding throughout, begin your journey straddling Brazil and Argentina with a visit to the mighty Iguazu Waterfalls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn the tango and indulge in the culinary offerings of Buenos Aires. Then it’s off to the ‘End of the World’ as you board a plane to El Calafate. Walk on glaciers, horseback ride through a private Estancia and search for the elusive puma during your Patagonia stay. By combining both Argentina and Chile, you get to experience the scenery and ice fields of Argentina and the remote exclusivity of Chile’s Patagonia. Pit stop in Santiago before flying north to the Atacama Desert, where you will end your trip exploring the orange dust of this barren landscape, scattered with craters and volcanoes and framed by windswept dunes.
Who is a Luxury South America: Best of Argentina & Chile trip best for?
Travelers who want to experience some of South America's most dramatic landscapes and alluring cultures. Those who like to adventure during the day, and luxuriate in beautiful hotels in the evening.
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in Iguazu, Awasi Iguazu
DAYS 3 & 4:
Fly to Buenos Aires, Legado Mitico Buenos Aires Hotel
DAYS 5 & 6:
Fly to El Calafate, Eolo Lodge Patagonia’s Spirit
DAYS 7, 8 & 9:
Transfer by road to Awasi Patagonia Lodge
DAYs 10 & 11:
Transfer by road to airport and fly to Santiago, Singular Santiago
DAYS 12, 13, & 14:
Fly to San Pedro de Atacama, Awasi Atacama Relais & Chateaux
Fly home via Santiago
Luxury South America: Best of Argentina & Chile trip highlights
- Begin your trip with a visit to the mighty and powerful Iguazu Falls. In the evenings, relax in your villa along the banks of the Iguazu River and enjoy fresh and local foods.
- Discover the enchanting city that effortlessly combines European history with Latin flair and is often referred to as ‘The Paris of South America' - Buenos Aires. Spend the next two days exploring the old city, meeting the local people and diving into the famous culinary scene.
- Continue to El Calafate, where you will spend the next few days amongst some of the largest ice fields in the southern hemisphere. Opt to walk along the glaciers, boat to them or kayak along them, whatever the activity, you will be left in awe of these magnificent ice structures.
- Next, it’s on to Chile and the dramatic landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park. Awasi Patagonia sits in a remote part of this incredible landscape, offering unadulterated views of The Towers. Spend your days exploring the national park, hiking to viewpoints or visiting the Puma Research Center. Spend your evenings indulging in the best dining experience in Patagonia.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Santiago, where you’ll spend a day touring this grand metropolitan city, or sipping wine in the Casablanca Valley.
- Today, you head north to the dry landscape of the Atacama Desert. Awasi is situated inside an ancient site surrounded by a historic wall, which for years housed shepherds and herders. Its privileged location is just a stone’s throw away from the center of town with easy access to the activities offered each day.
Starting at $18,550 per person traveling in 2024. Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Head to Mendoza after your time in Buenos Aires before connecting down to El Calafate to squeeze in some wine tasting.
Mendoza With good reason, when you think of Mendoza you immediately think of wine. With the Andes Mountains as its backdrop, the Mendoza Wine Region is known for its vast vineyards, esteemed wine estates, and breathtaking views. Travelers can look forward to sampling the regions vast selection of world-famous, award-winning vintages including a variety of […]
Explore other itineraries
Travel through Peru's greatest sites in style and comfort
Argentine lakes, glaciers, waterfalls and wine-tasting
Wilderness of the Galapagos and Cultural History of Machu Picchu