Take this Ecuador tour to experience the mountainous highlands, historic haciendas, and the Galápagos Islands
Ecuador’s biodiversity is largely what makes it so special, and is all the more impressive considering the country’s small size. From cityscapes to volcanic highlands and the rainforest to the cloud forest, visitors will be in awe of the variety of landscapes and the critters who dwell in them. This 12-day Ecuador tour takes you to many of these highlights, including the beautiful and historical city of Quito, the expansive and cultural Andean highlands, and one of the most impressive natural wonders on earth, the Galápagos
Ecuador tour: 12 days/11 nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in Quito, Casa Gangotena Hotel
DAYS 3 & 4:
Transfer to the Highlands, Hacienda Zuleta
DAYS 5 -11:
Fly to Galápagos, Island hop aboard the M/V Origin Boat
Return to Quito by flight, depart
- This 12-day Ecuador tour takes you through Ecuador’s cities, mountains, and seas. It includes the UNESCO Cultural Heritage site of Quito, and the Galápagos which is both a UNESCO Natural Heritage Site and on the New 7 Natural World Wonders List.
- Quito, a lively city with a beautiful historic center, sits at very high altitude; it can literally take your breath away. Alongside your private guide, discover what makes it so special. Wander the city center admiring churches, courtyards, and palaces. Sip a traditional hot cup of pinol, while people-watching in the busy Plaza Independencia.
- Depart for the Andean Highlands, also called ‘Avenue of the Volcanoes’, where gorgeous landscapes, cultural opportunities, and an array of adventure activities await. Stay at our favorite Hacienda, a working farm. Explore the region by Zuleteño horseback or mountain bike.
- Onward to Galápagos, dubbed a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. It is here Darwin developed his theory of evolution, and as you observe prehistoric-looking animals, colorful birds, and volcanic islands, it is easy to understand his fascination and curiosity of these lands.
- Your week-long journey through Galápagos takes you to 7 islands, with exploration by boat, foot, kayak, paddleboard, and snorkel. See giant tortoises, lava lizards, sea lions, marine and land iguanas, sea turtles, dolphins, penguins, flamingoes, Darwin finches, blue-footed, red-footed, and Nazca boobies, and more!
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
- Easily extend your trip by adding an extra night (or two!) in the Highlands. From here you can satisfy your shopping craving at Otavalo market, one of the most impressive in South America, or perhaps visit the nearby volcanoes or lagoons. For those seeking more nature, the Amazon or Cloud Forest are equally as impressive, in their own right, to Galápagos.
Explore other itineraries
Luxury Adventure: Best of Argentina & Chile
Luxury lodges and top experiences across South America's most iconic regions
Ecuador & Peru: From Galápagos to Machu Picchu
Wilderness of the Galapagos and Cultural History of Machu Picchu
Ecuador Wilderness and Wildlife
Historic Quito, luxury Galapagos lodge, and enchanting Cloud Forest
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Perfect Morocco: Souks, Sahara & Sea
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Wine, Whales, and Safari
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5