Explore the Ancient Treasures on your Egypt Holiday
For centuries, travelers have been drawn to Egypt holiday's and have gazed in wonder at iconic monuments dating back to the time of the Pharaohs.
Now it’s your turn. Accompanied by a private Egyptologist, who will offer invaluable insight into the country’s history and culture, you’ll visit legendary pyramids and temples – including the Great Pyramid at Giza, the Sphinx, and the Temple of Karnak in Luxor – and cruise down the Nile in a dahabiyya, modeled after a traditional small wooden sailing boats used by sophisticated travelers in the 1920s.
Egypt holiday: 10 nights/ 11 days
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrival Cairo, transfer to Marriott Mena House, Giza
Fly from Cairo to Aswan and then spend the day at Abu Simbel, before flying back to Aswan and an overnight stay at Hotel Sofitel Legend Old Cataract
DAYS 5, 6, 7, & 8:
Cruise down the Nile on the Sonesta Dahabiya
DAYS 9 & 10:
Disembark at Luxor, Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor
Fly to Cairo, depart
Highlights of Egypt safari
- This 11-day Egypt holiday itinerary begins with three nights at the opulent Marriott Mena House in Giza. Enjoy a walking tour of the pyramids and the Great Sphinx, a camel ride, and a visit the Egyptian Antiquities Museum, returning in the evening for an optional sound and light show
- Explore Cairo’s Egyptian Museum, take a stroll through the Khan el Khalili bazaar and medieval Cairo, and see the magnificent 13th-century Mosque of Sultan Hassan
- Fly to Aswan, from where you’ll connect to your flight to the ancient temple complex of Abu Simbel, dedicated to Ramses II and his wife Nefertari. Fly back to Aswan for an overnight stay at the Hotel Sofitel Legend Old Cataract, the setting for part of Agatha Christie’s novel Death on the Nile
- Explore a Nubian village before your four-night cruise down the Nile on the Sonesta Dhabiya, which has only seven cabins and offers a more intimate experience than the larger Nile cruisers. Stops en-route include the Aswan High Dam, the Philae Temple Complex, Kom Ombo Temple, and the Temple of Horus at Edfu, one of Ancient Egypt’s best-preserved temples
- Disembark at Luxor and explore the vast temple complex of Karnak, built by generations of pharaohs to form the largest religious structure in the world, and Luxor Temple, which is dazzling when lit up at night. You’ll stay overnight at the Sofitel Winter Palace, where Howard Carter announced the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922
- Visit the Necropolis of Thebes on the West Bank of the Nile. Your visit will take you to the Colossi of Memnon, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Deir El-Bahari, and the Valley of the Kings, where you can step inside the tomb of King Tutankhamun
Starting at $8,000 per person sharing in 2023. Price varies based on date and availability.
Explore other itineraries
Trendy Tel Aviv, Northern Highlights, Historical Jerusalem, and the Lost City of Petra
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Pyramids, Temples, and a far off Desert Oasis