Rich culture, mesmerizing wildlife through cities and national parks
From golden sand dunes to central India's national parks, from ancient forts to legendary shining cities, from tracking tigers to bathing with elephants, explore the highlights of India on this two-week journey.
Delve into India's rich jungles on the search for both iconic wildlife and lesser known species with the aid of experienced guides and 4x4 jeeps, before unwinding from your safari under a canvas tent. Indulge in luxury in the remote desert and in the bustling city, so that you can feel relaxed and rejuvenated in some of the busiest and culture-rich places in the world. From music and traditions centuries old to stunning natural wonders, take in all that India has to offer.
Tigers and Beyond: 14 Days / 13 Nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in New Delhi. Overnights The Leela Palace.
DAYS 3, 4 & 5:
Fly to Jabalpur, transfer to Kanha National Park. Overnights Banjaar Tola Tented Camp.
DAYS 6, 7 & 8:
Transfer by road to Pench National Park. Overnights Jamtara Wilderness Camp.
Fly to Mumbai. Overnights Taj Mahal Palace & Tower.
DAYS 10 & 11:
Fly to Jaisalmer and transfer to your desert camp. Overnights The Serai.
DAYS 12 & 13:
Road transfer to Jodhpur. Overnights RAAS Jodhpur.
- Enjoy two days exploring ancient Old Delhi where you will be transported to the times of the grandeur and ruin of the Mughal Empire. Visit Jama Masjid Mosque, savor the fragrances of the boisterous spice markets (one of Asia's largest), jewelery markets, and glimpses of the once-glorious Havelis (Royal Mansions) of the city. Stroll the night bazaars while sufi music and sizzling kebabs fill the air in a specialty guided 'City of Djinns and Sufis of Delhi' tour.
- Spend six nights on safari in Kanha and Pench National Parks whose plains and forests are home to tigers, leopards, black panther, the endangered Barasingha deer, Indian wild dog, and many more. In addition to game drives, engage with the local communities, participate in bathing the elephants used for tracking in the parks, sleep out on a star bed, and immerse yourself in the rich natural world around you.
- Spend an evening exploring the glittering city of Mumbai and taking in sites like the Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, or the UNESCO World Heritage Elephanta Caves.
- Fly to India's northwest and settle in Jaisalmer at The Serai, an oasis of serenity at the edge of the great Thar Desert. Venture into the golden dunes at sunset, explore the legendary fort of Jaisalmer, listen to traditional music under the desert stars, and indulge in all the camp has to offer.
- Drive to Jodhpur, the 'sun city', and make your home at RAAS, nestled in the old part of the city. A home-hosted lunch with the family of our partners on the ground will give you an authentic taste of Rajasthani hospitality. Then, take a private tour of Mehrangarh Fort alongside its curator. Browse the markets for homewares and fanciful jodhpur-style pants and shoes on your final day.
Itinerary on a map
Contact us for pricing.
Other Itineraries to explore
A breadth of sites and experiences encompassing the best of India
Safari through the best wildlife parks in India
People, Deserts and Palaces of the Golden Triangle and Beyond
After your adventure, add a few days in glittering Udaipur to soak in the serenity of the lakeside palaces. If you are seeking spirituality, be sure to include a visit to the majestic cities Amritsar or Varanasi, with culture and centuries old rituals.
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.