Cape Town and a Safari in the Kruger on this luxury safari in South Africa
This itinerary begins in spectacular Cape Town, where rugged mountains offer scenic vistas of dazzling deep blue ocean and pristine white sand beaches. Stay in one of the city’s newest – and hottest – hotels and explore the best of the city with your private guide on this luxury safari in South Africa.
Visit the Cape Winelands for behind-the-scenes tours of several acclaimed vineyards, before heading to the Kruger National Park for your safari. You’ll stay on two private reserves offering unparalleled levels of exclusivity and service, as well as superb game viewing.
Luxury Safari in South Africa: 12 days/11 nights
Highlights of our luxury safari in South Africa
- This 12-day luxury safari in South Africa itinerary begins in Cape Town with a three-night stay at the Silo Hotel, set above the architecturally and culturally impressive Zeitz MOCAA museum. Explore the city with your private guide, take an unforgettable scenic helicopter tour of the Cape Peninsula, and enjoy lunch at the private home of one of the city’s premier chefs
- From here, you’ll be driven to the Cape Winelands, where you’ll stay at the luxurious Delaire Graff Estate and explore the charming towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Visit notable wine estates, learn about their farming methods and techniques, and take an intimate wine-tasting and cellar tour. Your behind-the-scenes experience could also include grape picking or barrel tastings
- Fly from Cape Town to Singita Lebombo, set in a private concession in the remote north of Kruger National Park. Embark on morning and afternoon off-road game drives, spot-lit night drives, and bush walks. You might also enjoy a visit to Singita's community project, working in the photography studio, partaking in a wine tasting with the lodge's sommelier, or some down time at the spa
- Fly to Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, which shares an unfenced border with the Kruger. Perched above the Sand River, the rustic-chic Singita Boulders Lodge offers exclusive access to 45,000 acres of untouched wilderness. As well as leopard, look out for endangered rhino and wild dog in addition to countless elephant, giraffe, buffalo, and zebra
Starting at $22,056-$23,078 per person sharing in 2022
- Continue your adventure on a direct flight from Kruger to Victoria Falls and onward through Botswana’s Okavango Delta or Zambia’s Lower Zambezi. Or, return to Johannesburg and fly onward to the Seychelles or to Rwanda to see the mountain gorillas.