Rugged Sierra mountains, glamping on an uninhabited island in the Sea of Cortez, and charming Todos Santos on this Mexico holiday
With such diverse landscapes, the Baja Peninsula has something for everyone on this Mexico holiday. Looking past the mega resorts of Cabo, this itinerary is brimming with personalized service and plentiful activities. Yoga, historical explorations, whale watching, local cooking classes and surfing are just some of the optional activities offered from your owner-run boutique hotel in Todos Santos. From there, two fantastic spots for “glamping”, safari style, await! Explore the rugged Sierra Mountains on hikes, soaking in the tremendous biodiversity and local history. Then, head to the Sea of Cortez where you’ll find a ‘mini-Galapagos’ and activities like paddle boarding, snorkeling, hiking, and kayaking. Savor dinner on the beach at the end of the day and fall asleep under the starry skies soaking in the sound of gently lapping waves.
Mexico holiday: 8 days / 7 nights
Arrive at Los Cabos Airport and transfer to Todos Santos, Los Colibris
DAYS 2 & 3:
Transfer into the Sierra mountains, Camp Cecil Sierra
Transfer back to Todos Santos for activities, Los Colibris
DAYS 5 & 6:
Transfer to La Paz and boat, Isla Espiritu Camp Cecil de la Isla
Return to Todos Santos for a farewell dinner in town, Los Colibris
Transfer to the international airport, depart
- Explore the charming and historic town of Todos Santos from the comfort of Los Colibris, an owner-run boutique hotel on your Mexico holiday. With stunning Pacific views, a friendly and welcoming environment, and lovely gardens and pool, this is the perfect spot for your home base in Baja. Enjoy a welcome dinner on arrival and chat with your guides as they lay out the plans for the coming week.
- On days two and three you’ll head with your guides to the mountains. Camp Cecil Sierra is just 90 minutes away, but worlds apart from Todos Santos. This is the first of your glamping locations and activities at the camp include beautiful hikes in the reserve, with opportunities to get terrific views of the Pacific ocean, swim in watering holes and picnic by waterfalls.
- Head back to Todos Santos and enjoy an afternoon of surfing then a cooking class with local chef, Iker, to make some delicious treats that you’ll enjoy for dinner. A historical tour of the town or perhaps a turtle release could be substituted for surfing as well.
- Set off for the gorgeous Sea of Cortez today, picking up your snorkeling gear and then taking a boat transfer to Isla Espiritu. Magnificent marine and bird life are features of this “mini-Galapagos” ecosystem and creatures range from huge whale sharks, rays and sea lions to more modest scale blue footed boobies and lots of other great bird life. Just as important is some down time in the very stylish Camp Cecil, your home on the beach. It’s the perfect place to read a book with your toes in the sand and a margarita in one hand, or be as active as you like with hikes, paddling, snorkeling and more all on offer.
- As you set off for the mainland, be ready to encounter whale sharks in the channel and slip your mask on to snorkel with these amazing creatures. Then your final night will be back in Todos Santos where you’ll enjoy a farewell dinner in town at a local restaurant, reminiscing about all the great memories you’ve made on your visit to Baja.
- If you're keen for more marine life, head onward to Magdalena Bay as an extension to see the grey whales
Explore other itineraries
Highlights of Peru
Cruise the Amazon and explore the wonders of Machu Picchu and Cusco
Ecuador Highlands and Galápagos
Mountainous highlands, historic haciendas, cruising the Galapagos Islands
Classic Morocco: Cities & Mountains
Explore Medinas, Gardens, Mosques, and the breathtaking High Atlas Mountains
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Perfect Morocco: Souks, Sahara & Sea
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Wine, Whales, and Safari
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5