Conquering Africa’s Highest Summit: Kilimanjaro climb
Kilimanjaro is Africa’s highest mountain and the highest free-standing mountain in the world, and the prospect of conquering the snow-capped peak of the summit is an irresistible challenge – not least because no technical climbing skills are required, although you will need a very good level of fitness. Join us on this Kilimanjaro climb.
There are several trails up the mountain, but we recommend the 8-day Lemosho Route. It’s one of the most scenic, offering panoramic views of almost all sides of the mountain, and has less traffic than some others, especially for the first few days. It’s also a longer climb, which allows more time for acclimatization – and thus a high summit success rate.
Kilimanjaro climb: 10 days/9 nights
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport, road transfer to Arusha, Rivertrees Country Inn
Start your climb, with an overnight in Lemosho Forest Camp
Overnight at Shira Camp 1
Overnight at Moir Camp
Overnight at Barranco Camp
Overnight at Karanga Camp
Overnight at Barafu Camp with an overnight summit bid to Uhuru Peak
Overnight at Mweka Camp
Descend to Mweka Gate, overnight at Arusha Coffee Lodge
Return to Kilimanjaro Airport for your international departure
Highlights of Mount Kilimanjaro Climb
- We partner with one of the premier companies on the mountain, who train their guides biannually, look after their porters, provide proper safety equipment, and send up a big enough team so that if one person needs to climb down early, the rest of the group can safely carry on
- Food is plentiful and excellent, and comfort is a priority, with two people per four-man tent, three-inch foam pads, sleeping bags with thermal liners, camping chairs with proper backs, and toilet tents for privacy
- Your climb starts on the western side of the mountain, passing through rainforest, before joining the Machame route to the summit
- You’ll cross heathland to the Shira Plateau before ascending the Great Barranco Wall and hiking over glacial valleys to Karanga Camp
- Around midnight the next night, you will make your bid for the summit, arriving at the top top by dawn. Nothing beats the exhilaration of standing on the roof of Africa!
$6,800 per person sharing in 2023
- Bask in your achievement with a safari in the Serengeti or relaxing on the beach in Zanzibar.
Explore other itineraries
Escape the crowds on Tanzania’s southern circuit
Explore the Serengeti's Big Cat Country and Majesty of Ngorongoro
Breathtaking Scenery and a Mobile Camp in the Serengeti