Cape Town and Two Premier Safari Destinations
A safari makes for the ideal family trip as all the details are taken care of behind the scenes, leaving you to spend quality time with your loved ones. Gather together the kids and grandparents – or a group of your favorite people – and create memories to last a lifetime in South Africa private villas.
We’ve chosen exclusive-use properties for this itinerary as they offer total flexibility, as well as staff dedicated to making your stay as special as possible. After an action-packed few days in Cape Town, fly to the Kruger for a classic safari to spot leopard, cheetah and large mammals before continuing your safari in the vast Kalahari, home to fascinating desert species not found elsewhere.
South Africa Private Villas: 13 days/12 nights
Highlights of this South Africa private villas itinerary
- This 13-day South Africa private villas itinerary starts at Ellerman Villa One in Cape Town, which boasts breath-taking views over the Atlantic Ocean. During your action-packed stay you’ll explore the fishing harbor of Kalk Bay, visit a penguin colony, and take a gentle hike in the Cape Peninsula Reserve. Visit Robben Island accompanied by Christo Brand, a former warden and friend of Nelson Mandela (depending on availability).
- Enjoy the full day Winelands experience, but one which will create memories the kids will refer to for years to come. Start with a treasure hunt through the scenic Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve in the Franschhoek Mountains, before stopping at family-friendly wine estates where little explorers are not only warmly welcomed, but allowed to treat the farms as a playground.
- Begin your safari in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, an exclusive part of the greater Kruger National Park, at Cheetah Plains. The luxury exclusive-use villas are situated on the bank of the largest dam in the reserve, providing a consistent flow of animal activity. Your stay includes a complete hospitality team consisting of an accomplished host, butler, culinary team, spa therapist as well as expert field guide and tracker. Experience a 'silent safari' in the lodge's pioneering electric vehicles, just one of Cheetah Plains's initiatives to certify the lodge as carbon negative.
- Depart the forested bushveld on a private charter to Tswalu Tarkuni in the privately-owned Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve. Characterized by vast grasslands, arid savanna, and spectacular mountains, the contrasting landscapes create a fuller picture of the country's incredible biodiversity. Get pampered in the spa and go on private game drives and horseback safaris, looking out for rare desert-adapted black rhino, the Kalahari black-maned lion, or a family of meerkats. Depending on the year and season, you might also participate in conservation activities like rhino notching alongside a veterinarian.
Price available upon request
- Extend your trip by flying to the beaches of Mozambique for some time in an exclusive-use villa on Vamizi Island, or to the Seychelles
Explore other itineraries
Conservation and luxury go hand in hand in this classic Okavango Delta itinerary
Cape Town and a Safari in the Kruger
Private properties and exclusive experiences to suit all generations